[Scilab-users] Small problem with Scilab 6.0.1 code generation

Éric Dubois grocer.toolbox at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 13:08:11 CET 2019

Hello everybody

I have noticed the same nehaviour with old code that
containded +string(something) the '+' having no left hand side bit of
string.

I think that this an example of a more general approach by recent Scilab
team: make coding more restrictive for the -laudable- goal of making it
more rigourous, This comes however at the price of less flexibility (I have
for example in mind the impossibility with the 6.0 family to have string on
several lines ending with '...' to signal that the string contrinues on
next line) and ascending compatibility for old code (with the risk of
losing old users). As we say in French 'le mieux est l'ennemi du bien" (better
is the enemy of what is good).

Regards

Éric

Garanti