[Scilab-users] ?= Re: ?= =?utf-8?q? parallel_run

stephane.mottelet at utc.fr stephane.mottelet at utc.fr
Mon Sep 23 23:13:16 CEST 2019

  Hello Antoine,

Before judging that some code is just a "dirty hack" you should first
get into the code and see hows things are written. The implementation
in 5.5.2 was using OpenMP so I don't see anything dirty here. The
implementation was unstable under OSX and Linux, and under Windows
parallel_run was just making calls sequentially. So no "dirty hack"
under Windows but just a shortcut. Octave does also the same with
Matlatb's parfor : it just does things sequentially. However, even
unstable, parallel_run was very useful (I used it a lot under Linux to
do some Monte Carlo estimation on a 40 processor machine). It is a
pity that it's re-engineering for 6.0 familiy was not a priority.

S.