[Scilab-users] Corona modelling

Tim Wescott tim at wescottdesign.com
Mon Mar 30 20:37:44 CEST 2020

Someone was tagging "R" as "removed", which works if it's the aggregate
of "live and no longer contagious" and "dead".

Actually assessing the proportion of R depends on the local health
system, and, to some extent, the size of the peak -- the main reason
we're quarantining is to bring the peak down by broadening it.  The
percentage of 'R' that's dead people is going to depend on how burdened
the health care system is in any locality.

In cold-blooded mathematical terms it's just another dimension to the
modeling, but it's on the output side of the differential equation; it
doesn't have a great impact (as modeled) on the actual dynamics of
those three variables.