[Scilab-users] IPCV & sciCV

Tan Chin Luh chinluh at tritytech.com
Wed Apr 26 03:23:14 CEST 2017

Hi Philipp,

I believe all the developers (not just image and vision) are working on
their topics for weeks, months or even years before the release of a
module to public. It is good that we have atoms portal so that we could
know who else working on the same fields and exchange ideas from there.

As for the aim for the modules, I believe all the modules should have
the same ultimate aim: to make a good image processing and computer
vision tools for Scilab, and possibly, replace Matlab. :)

 From my opinion, the crash of the function name are quite common, for
example, imshow in sip using scilab graphic, using tcl/tk in sivp, using
both in IPCV, and using OpenCV highgui in sciCV. It depends on how the
developers want it to be. For the moment, I disable the atomsAutoload
for both modules and load it manually whenever I need to avoid this
problem.

As for the combine effort, what I could say is everything is possible
with OpenSource. Someday, somehow, Scilab image processing and computer
vision shall be taking over Matlab for this. :)

Regards,
Chin Luh